Horse Mania by Caelan and Gavin

This is Caelan and this is my experience horseback riding. Horseback riding, what a great way to start the day! At 6 am, half of us woke up to start the great adventure of riding horses through Costa Rica's amazing sites while the other half slept in to experince the wonders later in the day. At the beginning of the experince, I was really excited to get on the horse and take off. Later I found out that the ride was going to consist of a simple walk, at least that was what was planned. The ride went great but when you are riding a horse that loves to be in the front while you want to go slow and enjoy the sites, you tend to experience some conflict along the way. The ride went smoothly at the beginning but towards the end, my horse was getting slightly agitated. As soon as we could see the building where we had to stop, my horse decided that it was tired of staying behind the rest of the group, it took off! My first instict was to scream and try to slow the horse down by pulling back on the reigns, of course it only made the horse resist more. At this point, the horse is galloping with me unable to control the horse, bouncing 5-7 inches off the seat, almost fell off, and hit my head on the neck of the horse. The ride ended with some unexpected excitement, but overall it was very fun and laid back trip. Later that day, when everyone had come back from their riding adventures and eaten, we started working on our self designed experiments. My groups, the Three Toes Sloths, decided to do an experiment that focused on Golden Orb spiders and their ability to make an organic pestiside that repels ants. So we wanted to see how effective this secretion is against leaf-cutter ants. Today we spent most of our time trying to capture the spiders we wanted even though we were delayed due to confusion of weather or not the spider was poisonous and deadly.


This is Gavin and this is my experience horseback riding. When I started to ride this morning, I was very scared to start the ride. But as soon as I got on the horse, I was fine. As the ride continued, I was nicely greeted with a drone to the face and if you didn't know, horses don't like drones so they ran but they didn't get too far because the kid flying the drone crashed it into a tree. The rest of the ride was very nice, my horse would follow the others very well. On our ride, we saw very cool trees that almost looked fake.




Andrew Box on a horse... what a sight. 

From novice to pro in a little over an hour.
Brianna and her horse. 

Eddie... El caballero.
Davis looks at home on a horse. 

Mr. Doleman and Daniel flying a drone to survey Cerro Frio property lines. 

Comments

  1. Tell the Mercy Archers that their team is currently in 7th place at the World Tournament!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cooking Class and Science

Day 8